Our Speaker for June will be Jonathan Ward, author of “Rocket Ranch” and “Countdown to a Moon Launch”. We will also honor and commemorate the 50thAnniversary of Apollo 11, and all those who helped to make it happen.
Jonathan H. Ward, FRAS;
Fellow, Royal Astronomical Society; NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador
Registration for the June Luncheon will open on June 1st.
NALFL Florida FOUR PACK: $169 Plus Tax
Delaware North has approved an extension of the NALFL Florida Four Pack offer through the end of this year – December 31, 2019. CLICK HERE for details of the offer.
New Spaceport Magazine Available Online
In the May 2019 issue:
- Orion transport fixture checked in Super Guppy aircraft
- SpaceX CRS-17 launches to International Space Station
- Delta II Program team honored by National Space Club
- Engine Vertical Installer arrives for Space Launch System
- Engineers gain experience during avionics tool demo
- Launch team one step closer to certification for EM-1
- Innovators’ Launchpad: Austin Langton
- Scientist leading team to combat lunar dust
- Apollo 10 sets stage for Apollo 11 Moon landing
Check out the May issue of Spaceport Magazine on the ISSUU digital newsstand.
Download or view the accessible PDF version, or view past PDF issues of the magazine at https://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/spaceport-magazine.html.
Here’s a hot link to a pretty good article by NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine on the NASA effort to integrate its lunar and Mars programs effectively: https://tinyurl.com/y79wch8m.
You might want to pass it along to your friends and colleagues who are space enthusiasts.
Click the link below to read the 2018 Aerospace Safety Advisory Panel Report Online or Download and Print from your computer
In case you want to link up with some of your NASA and Contractor friends, there are two monthly breakfasts available to you.
The first Tuesday of the month there’s a breakfast at the Village Inn in Titusville (www.villageinn.com) starting at 7:30 a.m. Many arrive before then; come and join us! CLICK HERE for some photos.
The fourth Monday of the month there’s a breakfast at the Island Gecko Grill on Merritt Island (www.islandgecko-grill.com) starting at 8:30 a.m. Bring a good appetite!