National League Goals
The national goals of the NASA Alumni League include the following recommendations for all League members:
• Make known their views on the nation’s aeronautical and space activities.
• Keep abreast of the latest aerospace developments in all areas and in all sectors.
• Explore critical aeronautical and space issues in depth.
• Contribute their expertise when the League is asked to undertake specific tasks for NASA or other organizations.
Florida Chapter Goals and Mission
The Florida Chapter is focused on supporting space exploration, promoting space related science and education, and recognizing exemplary leaders who help make this happen. We do that by conducting outreach efforts and bringing speakers to luncheon sessions during the year to provide a broad base of information and technology updates for NAL members. In addition to hosting speakers and conducting outreach, Florida Chapter NASA Alumni League programs include:
• An address to our members by the KSC Center Director
• Meetings at the KSC Visitor Complex for technical updates and outreach programs to “give back” to our space program
• Projects to address local educational needs, with a focus on providing support to encourage student interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) including:
- A grant awarded by the Florida Chapter to the FIRST robotics program, and a session hosting a demonstration by the Pink Team based in Brevard County
- A grant to the National Space Club for “Space Days” at the KSC Visitor Complex sponsoring Brevard sixth grade students to a day at the Space Center to learn about our space program and experience “hands-on” science and technology, including meeting an astronaut